Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day four...before meeting Haddie

Quiet, Reserved, and Timid
Three descriptions of Haddie that we have received from people that have had the privilege of meeting this little girl.
It breaks my heart to think why she is quiet. I wonder if she feels that she is not worth the attention of others. If only she knew. If only she knew that I would listen to her for hours. I’d listen to all of her hopes, dreams, and thoughts to no end. If only she knew how much the Creator of this world values her.
And reserved?  Not a bad characteristic I like to think, yetreservation out of fear is what I fear. What and who does she fear? I hate to think about her fears and how she has learned them. If only she knew. If only she knew that I would protect her with every ounce of my strength. If only she knew how powerful her God is.
I think the timid description is the hardest to hear. What circumstances made this little girl timid? How will she learn to be unashamed of who she is? If only she knew. If only she knew how much we love her and accept her. If only she knew that God has a wonderful purpose for her life.
The transition of her life as an orphan to one seated firmly inside of a loving family will not be easy. Getting her home is the first step! Our court date has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Please pray that the judge and court system are moved to grant Rachel and I custody tomorrow. Occasionally our kids will group together and have “mega-prayers”. Now would be a great time for one!

On a lighter note. Rachel, myself, and our friend Josie went exploring in Hyderabad. I can only start to describe it as something out of a movie that I will probably never forget for the rest of my life.

Written by Andrew





The above pictures are after a taxi driver drops us off in the middle of one of the dangerous streets of Hyderabad after we asked him to take us shopping, lol.  We ended up here and let's just say a crazy white man was in the middle of the road asking all the rickshaw drivers to take us to our hotel for 1000 rupees.  Well this guy did, lol.  Safe and sound.  Thank the Lord!!


1 comment: